BorisS

Default orphans lines, keeping together and with next

does anyone have a solid explanation (I find help is just not that clued into
the quirks of using these options) of the paragraph, (i) orphan (ii) keep
lines together and (iii) keep with next options? I find that it acts very
strangely and it's hard to get things to stay together across pages. It
either splits it, or tries to merge an entire table or paragraph with the
following paragraph, while I am just trying to keep things like titles with
tables, sentences from splitting up (in tables), etc.

Thx for any insight as to what combination of these three do what.
--
Boris
Jay Freedman

BorisS wrote:
does anyone have a solid explanation (I find help is just not that
clued into the quirks of using these options) of the paragraph, (i)
orphan (ii) keep lines together and (iii) keep with next options? I
find that it acts very strangely and it's hard to get things to stay
together across pages. It either splits it, or tries to merge an
entire table or paragraph with the following paragraph, while I am
just trying to keep things like titles with tables, sentences from
splitting up (in tables), etc.

Thx for any insight as to what combination of these three do what.

Hi Boris,

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm. It explains
these settings, especially with respect to tables, as well as the "Allow row
to break across pages" setting in the Table Properties, which interacts with
the others.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman