Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monika Bjurman

Default Locked form in only one section of the document?

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monika Bjurman

.... and if it's makes any difference I use a swedish version of Word 2003.

"Monika Bjurman" skrev:

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

AFter you finish inserting the form fields in section 1, insert a section
break, go back to section 1 and click TOOLS in the menu, select PROTECTION.
In the PROTECT DOCUMENT dialog box click FORMS, which will activate the
SECTIONS command button. Click the SECTIONS button and turn protection off
for all sections except section 1.

Add a password if you need to, but it is optional.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Monika Bjurman" wrote:

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monika Bjurman

Another possible solution to my problem is if I could lock only one table and
keep the rest of the document editable.

"Monika Bjurman" skrev:

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

You can do that as well, but did you want the users to make specific
modifications in that section? If so you would have to use form fields in
the cells where you want data editing allowed.

Just protecting the section for forms, but leaving the section empty of form
fields, puts the enitre section off limits to your users.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Monika Bjurman" skrev:

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monika Bjurman

Yes I have form fields in that table that among other things is used for
stylerefs in headers in other sections of my document. But your earlier
answer helped me even better so I'm already pleased. :-)

//Monika

"Monika Bjurman" skrev:

Is it possible to make a form in one section of a dokument (in my case
section one) and leave the rest of the document unlocked so that the users
can do whatever they wan't in those sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes. Rather than use the lock on the toolbar, use Protect Document from the
Tools menu. What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form."
Check this in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon