stabilo

Default Tab leader in TOC

Can you have TOC 1 with tab leader, TOC2 wihout tab leader ? In otherword
decide per level if youwant to have tab leader or not ?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the Index and Tables dialog, click on the Modify button on the Table of
Contents tab and in the Style dialog that appears, select the heading level
for which you want to remove the leader and click on the Modify button and
then in the Modify Style dialog, click on Format and then select Tabs from
the list and check the None radio button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"stabilo" wrote in message
Can you have TOC 1 with tab leader, TOC2 wihout tab leader ? In otherword
decide per level if youwant to have tab leader or not ?

stabilo

thanks,

I have tried this but even if my TOC is showing tab leader, when I modify
the heading level (eg. TOC 2), the Tab leader shows None, therefore even if I
modify the style TOC 2, nothjing changes for the tab leader(?). Am i doing
something worng ?

"stabilo" wrote in message
Can you have TOC 1 with tab leader, TOC2 wihout tab leader ? In otherword
decide per level if youwant to have tab leader or not ?

stabilo

I'm using Word 2003. This is how I'm trying to modify the tab leader but it
is not working :

1) apply heading1, 2 and 3 style to my document to some pragraphs
2) creates the TOC, choose default. - all levels have tab leader with dots
and click modify. Then I go to Format, then Tab. In this dialog box there is
no Tab stop position as you would expect and Leader is set to none.
4) click ok 4 times and yes to repolace exisitng TOC

I'm doing sdomething wrong ?

"stabilo" wrote in message
Can you have TOC 1 with tab leader, TOC2 wihout tab leader ? In otherword
decide per level if youwant to have tab leader or not ?

Stefan Blom

If you don't see a tab stop in the dialog box, explicitly define one
which is right-aligned, is positioned at the right margin and has no
leader. Then update the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"stabilo" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003. This is how I'm trying to modify the tab leader

but it
is not working :

1) apply heading1, 2 and 3 style to my document to some pragraphs
2) creates the TOC, choose default. - all levels have tab leader

with dots

TOC2 style

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In the Index and Tables dialog, click on the Modify button on

the Table of
Contents tab and in the Style dialog that appears, select the

heading level
for which you want to remove the leader and click on the Modify

button and
then in the Modify Style dialog, click on Format and then select

Tabs from
the list and check the None radio button.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself

of my