Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rene Rene is offline

Default Startup Word 2003 on the first Display of a multi monitor comupter

I have the followin problem:
When working in Word 2003 on a 3-display computer and working on the third
display, when I close word and start it up on a 2-display computer, I can't
see the Word page. Only the taskbar displays it has opend. Probebly it still
has started on de third display, which isn't there.

Is there a way (registry setting) to always startup WOrd 2003 on the first
display on a computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:04:02 -0700, Rene wrote:

I have the followin problem:
When working in Word 2003 on a 3-display computer and working on the third
display, when I close word and start it up on a 2-display computer, I can't
see the Word page. Only the taskbar displays it has opend. Probebly it still
has started on de third display, which isn't there.

Is there a way (registry setting) to always startup WOrd 2003 on the first
display on a computer?

No, Word doesn't have any clue that you even have two or more monitors. If there
is any solution to your problem, it will be in the video driver's settings. But
the ATI Catalyst driver that I use with a two-monitor system doesn't have any
control on a per-program basis, and I haven't heard of any that does.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

If you use 3rd party desktop management software or a virtual windows
manager to control your windows you may have to tell it that you have
a new starting position.

On Sep 22, 8:10*am, Jay Freedman wrote:
[...]

Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rene Rene is offline

Default Startup Word 2003 on the first Display of a multi monitor comu

I use plain Windows XP SP2 and Word 2003. Shutting down Word 2003 on the
third display saves it location someware, so when you use a 2 Display system
(a complete other system) is shows the Word in the taskbar, but on neither of
the two displays. The only thin I could thinkof is that the position of the
Word-disply-position is saved in the userprofile. Could that be the mateer?