Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Switch field codes [Alt]+[F9]

Is there a toggle somewhere on the Word 2007 ribbon to switch between all
field codes and their results.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mecalith,

The field code display option isn't on the Ribbon - it's found under 'Word Options|Advanced Show Document Content'

--
Cheers
macropod

"Mecalith" wrote in message ...
Is there a toggle somewhere on the Word 2007 ribbon to switch between all
field codes and their results.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But... if you would LIKE a toggle, you can put the ViewFieldCodes command
onto the Quick Access Toolbar.

Right-click the QAT and choose Customize...

Set Choose commands from... to "All Commands".

Tap the V key to jump to the commands starting with "V", then find View
Field Codes and click on it.

Click the Add key.

Click OK.

You should now see {a} on the QAT. It even looks "pushed in" when you click
it.

PS I always recommend the "Show QAT below the ribbon" option for more
ergonomic placement... a bit easier on the wrist, particularly if you use
the QAT a lot, as some of us do.

Cheers,

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mecalith" wrote in message
news
Thank you, macropod.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
Is there a toggle somewhere on the Word 2007 ribbon to switch between
all
field codes and their results.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Not to mention that you get a lot more real estate when it's below the
Ribbon.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

"Mecalith" wrote in message
news
Thank you, macropod.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
Is there a toggle somewhere on the Word 2007 ribbon to switch between
all
field codes and their results.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

***Thank you; That is exactly what I want. ***

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Mecalith" wrote in message
news
Thank you, macropod.

"Mecalith" wrote in message
Is there a toggle somewhere on the Word 2007 ribbon to switch between
all
field codes and their results.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Glad the store [ultimately] had what you were looking for. ;-)

--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Mecalith" wrote in message
news