Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trishia Trishia is offline

Default Where can I find the degree symbol using Micosoft Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Trishia" wrote in message
Nothing.

Please use this big white space to write your question.

Have you tried Insert-Symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Elizabeth[_3_] Elizabeth[_3_] is offline

In message , Trishia
writes

You wanted to know where you can find the degree symbol using Office
2007 (it's always a good idea to restate your question in the message
area so it shows up in replies).

In Word, I use Ctrl-Shift-@, Enter.

I assume that will also work in other Office programs.

--
Elizabeth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lurfys Maw Lurfys Maw is offline

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:49:00 -0700, Trishia
wrote:

Trisha,

Unfortunately, you got one answer that was snarly and one that was
incomplete. Here's the complete answer without the lecture.

You have a couple of choices.

1. Insert Symbol will allow you to insert any symbol that is included
in the current font or various symbol fonts. Once you get the Symbol
panel open, select the font in the Font: field, then scroll through
that font until you find the symbol you want. When you do, click
Insert.

2. Many symbols have keyboard shortcuts assigned that allow you to
insert that symbol directly. The degree symbol shortcut requires 2
steps: (1) Press Crtl+Shift+@. (2) Immediately press space.

If you use option 1, Word will show you if that symbol has a keyboard
shortcut.

PS: Usenet protocol calls for a short, descriptive Subject line and
then the full question in the body of the message.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

news
wrote:

Trisha,

Unfortunately, you got one answer that was snarly

How was my response "snarly"?
Do people normally send a blank email with all the data in the subject line?
Of course they don't.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lurfys Maw Lurfys Maw is offline

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:03:13 +0100, "Gordon"
wrote:

news
wrote:

Trisha,

Unfortunately, you got one answer that was snarly

How was my response "snarly"?
Do people normally send a blank email with all the data in the subject line?
Of course they don't.

OK, maybe not snarly. Sorry.

People who are familiar with usenet do not post blank messages with
the question in the subject only. It's not the best form. But this
person seemed to me to be a reasonable person trying to get help and
just didn't understand how it works. She got a lecture and two partial
answers. I wish those of us who are more experienced would answer the
question first and then do whatever educating we feel is necessary.