Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Adrian[_2_] Adrian[_2_] is offline

Default vista rescueddoc corrupted with bunch of ???

I heed help. It's been a week in trying to save this document. I was working
off a flashdrive and went to save the work. A message appeared saying
something about having to shut the program and it would save my document.
The original document disappered fron the flashdrive. Only an empty shortcut
key remained and the rescued document that opened in wordpad. Out of the
original document only part of the written text survived the rest were
question marks. I figure it has something to do with the fact that I had
written some of the text using word for apple 2004. Maybe...

I've tried all the basic stuff, saving as RTF and converting back to word,
savind as web, recover text from any file, etc.

All I've gotten is different symbols instead of the question marks.

Any help would be appreciated. I have 10 hours worth of work into that
document and it seems crazy ther eis nothing to help me recover it.

Cheers,

Adrian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you've lost it. This is an example
of why you should NEVER use Word with any type of removable media. Always
open and save to the local HDD and then copy to/from the removable media.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP