Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Document Map

Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

My DOC shows items in the Document Map which are not the Header style. I am not sure why they are there. In older versions of Word, there was a way to see which styles were associated with the Document Map. I cannot find it in Word 2007. Where is it? Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The document map includes any paragraph which has an outline level, as
indicated on the Indents and Spacing tab of the Paragraph dialog box. To
display the dialog box, you can click the Home tab, and then click the
dialog launcher button (on the bottom right) of the Paragraph group. For
more on the document map, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/DocumentMap.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

My DOC shows items in the Document Map which are not the Header style. I
am not sure why they are there. In older versions of Word, there was a way
to see which styles were associated with the Document Map. I cannot find
it in Word 2007. Where is it? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Thanks for the feedback Stefan.

DocumentMap.htm indicated that non-Header paragraphs with direct paragraph
formatting could unwantedly appear in the Document Map.

To remove direct paragraph formatting (such as line spacing, indents,
paragraph spacing, and tab settings), I selected the paragraph(s) and
pressed CTRL+Q.

This corrected the problem. Thanks

By-the-way, in older Word versions, you could set the levels you wanted to
view in the Document Map from a context menu over the Document Map. How do
you do it in Word 2007? Thanks

**********************

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

My DOC shows items in the Document Map which are not the Header style. I
am not sure why they are there. In older versions of Word, there was a
way
to see which styles were associated with the Document Map. I cannot find
it in Word 2007. Where is it? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"John" wrote in message
Thanks for the feedback Stefan.

DocumentMap.htm indicated that non-Header paragraphs with direct paragraph
formatting could unwantedly appear in the Document Map.

To remove direct paragraph formatting (such as line spacing, indents,
paragraph spacing, and tab settings), I selected the paragraph(s) and
pressed CTRL+Q.

This corrected the problem. Thanks

By-the-way, in older Word versions, you could set the levels you wanted to
view in the Document Map from a context menu over the Document Map. How do
you do it in Word 2007? Thanks

It should work pretty much the same way. When I right-click the Document Map
window I see a context menu. Are you saying that it doesn't work for you?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP