Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter[_3_] Peter[_3_] is offline

Default Office 2007 Templates - I Miss My Old Works 8.5 Ones!

With so many templates to choose from, I am surprised that Office 2007 is
missing those templates from earlier days that were part of Works 8.5/Word
2003.
I'm talking about the Letter Stationery.
I don't see them on the Office website either. Any idea where I can obtain
them?

--
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Peter" wrote in message
With so many templates to choose from, I am surprised that Office 2007 is
missing those templates from earlier days that were part of Works 8.5/Word
2003.
I'm talking about the Letter Stationery.

So you've looked through the approx ONE THOUSAND plus letter templates?

Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Peter" wrote in message
Yes.

Sad. And you couldn't find ANYTHING there that you could use/adapt?

Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter[_3_] Peter[_3_] is offline

I detect a hint of sarcasm.. Of course there are plenty of templates I
could use/adapt etc. I was just wondering why Microsoft chose to retire
some perfectly good templates along with a very useful tool, the letter
wizard.

--
Peter
"Gordon" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote in message
Yes.

Sad. And you couldn't find ANYTHING there that you could use/adapt?

Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It's called progress, but if you still have the old templates saved from an
earlier version and a copy of the letter wizard (crap though it was) you can
still use then in Word 2007. Why not make your own templates suited to your
own requirements? http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Peter" wrote in message
Yes.

Sad. And you couldn't find ANYTHING there that you could use/adapt?

Posted to microsoft.public.office.templates.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter[_3_] Peter[_3_] is offline

I unfortunately never saved the letter wizard but did save copies of one or
two letters that I sent, so at least two of those templates are salvageable.
The LW was crap but once you got used to it, it saved quite a bit of work.

--
Peter