Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ManhattanRebel ManhattanRebel is offline

Default Deleting a document

I have Windows Vista on my system. When I go to Start then type the name of
the document I'm looking for in The Start Search field, the document shows up
above the search field. I then right click it and select delete. I'm then
asked if I want it to go to the recycle bin. I indicate yes but when i go
back and search for it later it comes up again. What can I do to correct
this? or is it showing me the copy in the recycle bin?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Empty the Recycle Bin and search again. Then you will know your answer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message
I have Windows Vista on my system. When I go to Start then type the name of
the document I'm looking for in The Start Search field, the document shows
up
above the search field. I then right click it and select delete. I'm then
asked if I want it to go to the recycle bin. I indicate yes but when i go
back and search for it later it comes up again. What can I do to correct
this? or is it showing me the copy in the recycle bin?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Search looks for files in the Index. As the index may become corrupted, use
Windows Explorer to check whether the file is actually still there. If it is
gone then you need to rebuild the index.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Another possibility is that the file you deleted in search was a shortcut to
the file. Check the Recycle Bin for the file type.
It is better to delete a file directly from its Windows Explorer folder.