Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rip West Rip West is offline

Default Normal template

Recently, my computer gave out, and I replaced it with a new one running
Vista home version. I also had to update my office programs to 2007. I can
find my old normal template, but I am unable to replace the default normal
template that word is using. I have established a location for templates and
entered my old normal template there, but no joy.

When I load my old normal template everything works fine, but I am unable to
establish it as my default.

btw, is there another newsgroup for word questions. I really am not a new
user, but then dealing with vista and office 2007, maybe I am.

Rip West

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If Normal.dot is in the correct place (same location as Normal.dotm, which
is what Word 2007 uses instead for Normal.dot), then delete or rename
Normal.dotm. The next time you start Word 2007, it will see that Normal.dotm
is not present, and it will use Normal.dot as the basis for creating a new
Normal.dotm.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Rip West" wrote in message
Recently, my computer gave out, and I replaced it with a new one running
Vista home version. I also had to update my office programs to 2007. I can
find my old normal template, but I am unable to replace the default normal
template that word is using. I have established a location for templates
and entered my old normal template there, but no joy.

When I load my old normal template everything works fine, but I am unable
to establish it as my default.

btw, is there another newsgroup for word questions. I really am not a new
user, but then dealing with vista and office 2007, maybe I am.

Rip West

How do I change my Bookfold template back to normal template Winston New Users 1 June 25th 06 07:06 PM
normal dot template Florentine Microsoft Word Help 2 December 8th 05 08:46 AM
Normal template lindsays Mailmerge 1 May 3rd 05 11:40 PM
Normal Template Khers Sefid Microsoft Word Help 4 February 23rd 05 03:30 PM
Normal.dot template and Normal style Lonely Editor Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 08:42 PM