Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
IDontBelieveIt IDontBelieveIt is offline

Default Using Word 2007 to Create / Amend HTML

Hi - I'm wondering if someone might be able to advise me ....

I used my old version of Word (I think it was Word 2003) to create / amend
HTML files for several websites - all of which are live and will need
occasional maintenance. To my dismay, it very much looks as though, on
upgrading to Word 2007, this facility has been withdrawn. If this IS the
case then Microsoft have left me well and truly up the creek without a
paddle!! Hopefully, the facility IS still available and it's just that I
can't find it???

Cheers,
John (IDontBelieveIt)
(To reply to me only, omit the"z")

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi John,

Since Word 2000 the 'save as web page' feature included a mix of http://w3.org content (CSS, XML, VML and HTML) that helped create
Word documents that could be returned from 'web document' form to full, original Word document later.

With the changes in Word 2007 to the underlying, default, XML format for documents there can be even more 'extra code' in Word 2007
web documents than previously, but you can still create, open, edit and save both
Word Web Document
and
Word Web Document-Filtered
files in Word 2007 from
Office Button=Save As=Other Formats
but the web page capability, added in Word v6, is being phased back as being somewhat out of date for its original purpose.

You can also add back the 'web page preview' to the Quick Access Toolbar from
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=All Commands

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

If you are maintaining several websites, take a look at Microsoft Visual Web
Developer 2008 Express Edition at:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/
Its a free download.

"IDontBelieveIt" wrote:

Hi - I'm wondering if someone might be able to advise me ....

I used my old version of Word (I think it was Word 2003) to create / amend
HTML files for several websites - all of which are live and will need
occasional maintenance. To my dismay, it very much looks as though, on
upgrading to Word 2007, this facility has been withdrawn. If this IS the
case then Microsoft have left me well and truly up the creek without a
paddle!! Hopefully, the facility IS still available and it's just that I
can't find it???

Cheers,
John (IDontBelieveIt)
(To reply to me only, omit the"z")

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
IDontBelieveIt IDontBelieveIt is offline

Many thanks for your help folks - it looks as though I can now breath a
sigh of great relief!! I will now try things out.

Cheers,
John (IDontBelieveIt)
(To reply to me only, omit the"z")