Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wooblann wooblann is offline

Default Why does configuration occur every time I start Word?

I have just installed Word 2007. Every time I start it, there is a lengthy
'configuration process.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott McPhillips [MVP] Scott McPhillips [MVP] is offline

"wooblann" wrote in message
I have just installed Word 2007. Every time I start it, there is a lengthy
'configuration process.

Are you still using an older version of Word on the same machine? For me,
the lengthy 2007 configuration process only happens after I have used Word
2003, then use Word 2007.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote:
"wooblann" wrote in message
I have just installed Word 2007. Every time I start it, there is a
lengthy 'configuration process.

Are you still using an older version of Word on the same machine? For me,
the lengthy 2007 configuration process only happens after I
have used Word 2003, then use Word 2007.

And if that is the cause, then the cure is a registry entry described at
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...03-coexisting/.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman