Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Bibliography - URLs are not converted to links

Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Upon inserting a Bibliography, I notice that the URLs in the Bibliography are not automatically converted into links. Is there a way to do this. It would be nice to be able to click on a link rather than copy the URL and paste it into the browser. Thank you for the feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

I added AutoFormat to the Quick Access Toolbar.
In AutoCorrect dialog | AutoFormat tab | I made sure "Internet & network
paths with hyperlinks" was checked.
I selected the Bibliography.
I clicked on the AutoFormat button.
None of the URLs in the Bibliography were changed to links.
Why?
Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Upon inserting a Bibliography, I notice that the URLs in the Bibliography
are not automatically converted into links. Is there a way to do this. It
would be nice to be able to click on a link rather than copy the URL and
paste it into the browser. Thank you for the feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you sure the box is checked on the AutoFormat tab and not just on
AutoFormat As You Type? It works for me in Word 2003, and I don't know why
it would work differently in Word 2007.

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Upon inserting a Bibliography, I notice that the URLs in the Bibliography
are not automatically converted into links. Is there a way to do this. It
would be nice to be able to click on a link rather than copy the URL and
paste it into the browser. Thank you for the feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:27:38 -0700, John wrote:

I added AutoFormat to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Hi John,
It works for me here. Are you sure you added the right AutoFormat command
to your Quick Access Toolbar? There are 3 different AutoFormat commands
available in the list.
Hope this helps.
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
p0 p0 is offline

"John" wrote in message
Office 2007 SP1
XP Pro SP2

Upon inserting aBibliography, I notice that the URLs in theBibliography
are not automatically converted into links. Is there a way to do this. It
would be nice to be able to click on a link rather than copy the URL and
paste it into the browser. Thank you for the feedback.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I could be wrong, but I believe that autoformatting does not work on
field results, hence it wouldn't work on bibliographies unless you
converted them to static text first.

Yves