LBinDC

Default Table of Contents and Headings Italicized for Certain Style

In my table of contents, some headings are italicized that use "Style Heading
4+". I want the heading italicized in the body of the document but not the
TOC. I keep taking away the italics key and adding it back in, etc. and I
still end up with italics in the TOC. Now I have styles called "Style
Heading 4++" and even 4+++.

I have very similar headings that look the same and are called "Style
Heading 4" . Even though I have the italics key on in the document the TOC
looks fine (no italics). And Style Heading 4 itself says its italicized, but
I need the italics key on anyway to get it italicized in the body of the
document and not italicized in the TOC.

Whenever I try to replace "Style Heading 4+" with "Style Heading 4" it
doesn't work out because as soon as I hit the italics key the style changes
automatically back to "Style Heading 4+." I've tried cutting and pasting
over the bad titles with the good titles, etc. but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions. Thanks.

If Heading 4 is defined as being italicized, then it will be italicized in
the document, but the TOC will not pick up the italics because they are not
direct formatting. Delete all the Heading 4+ styles and make sure that
italics are included in the style definition of Heading 4.