Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pussycat9

Default file deletion

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle bin. Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glass guy

wow, i'm glad this happened to someone else too.
only i deleted the entire program.....microsoft office 2000......
i tried restore and couldn't get it back.
good luck, please let me know if you get a reply that helps

"pussycat9" wrote:

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle bin. Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Not without spending some big bucks. You should NEVER clear that bin out
unless you are POSITIVE about whether or not you need a file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"pussycat9" wrote:

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle bin.
Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glass guy

so i messed up big time!! where can i go to download the program so i can
have it back on my machine?? i've tried to reinstall but can't find my cd;
and i won't let me without the cd.

"pussycat9" wrote:

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle bin.
Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You can't download Office 2000 anywhere. At least not legally. (And even if
I knew of an illegal site, which I don't, I wouldn't admit it.)

What the first person said was she deleted some Word documents. What YOU
said was that you deleted Office. That's a completely different situation.
PussyCat9 has a slim chance to retrieve her files, you, unfortunately don't.
Your only option is to buy the full version of Office 2003. (You can't get
the upgrade because you'd need the disks for the qualifying product.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"pussycat9" wrote:

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle bin.
Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Are you even sure that you deleted office and not merely the shortcut to it?
Try a file search for winword.exe and if it runs create a new shortcut to
it.
If all else fails you can get legal remaindered copies of Word 2000 from eg
eBay for not a lot of money.

"pussycat9" wrote:

I inadvertently deleted files in Word and also emptied my recycle
bin. Can I
get them back? I have tried system restore but no luck so far

merge instructions from text file Steve Mailmerge 8 November 26th 05 03:31 AM
Auto deletion of word file vikramshah Microsoft Word Help 2 November 9th 05 07:14 AM
How do I prevent Word from locking the file? Scott Bass New Users 0 October 5th 05 05:20 PM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM