Bawcom

Default Uninstall Wordperfect before installing Word?

Hello,

Just a quick question from a computer-challenged person. A relative
bought a new Dell and it has Wordperfect on it and so I told her I
could install Office. My question is then, should I uninstall
Wordperfect first? Or can XP run with both? I'm rather nervous about
unistalling something before making sure that what I install will work.
(I do still need to find out if her OS is XP).

Kindest regards,
Linda

--
BawcomPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Jay Freedman

Bawcom wrote:
Hello,

Just a quick question from a computer-challenged person. A relative
bought a new Dell and it has Wordperfect on it and so I told her I
could install Office. My question is then, should I uninstall
Wordperfect first? Or can XP run with both? I'm rather nervous about
unistalling something before making sure that what I install will
work. (I do still need to find out if her OS is XP).

Kindest regards,
Linda

There's no problem running both programs on the same computer.

I wonder about your copy of Office, though. Is it a new license that you're
authorized to install on your relative's computer? If you're just re-using a
copy that you already have installed on your computer, it's going to fail
the product activation. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293151 for
details.

--
Regards,