Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DA DA is offline

Default Printing Labels

I have MS Word 2002.
Need to print address labels from catagories in MS Outlook.
Anyone know how to do this?
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You're going to want to use the Mail Merge - Labels feature, telling Word to
use a Contacts list from Outlook. However, category isn't one of the fields
that Word gets from Outlook when you use contacts.

So, before launching the mail merge in Word, set up a new Contacts folder,
into which you put the category of interest. If you have multiple categories
you want to use, but somehow distinguish, you'd need to create a separate
contact folder for each.

Once created, right-click each Contact folder, and choose Properties. In the
Outlook Address Book tab, click to enable "Show this folder as an email
address Book".

Once done, the category contact folders you set up will be selectable in
Word.

Alternatively... you could use one of the field that Word *does* take from
Outlook to store Category. I suspect, however, that doing this would be
rather tedious (unless you're skilled at VBA).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"DA" wrote in message
I have MS Word 2002.
Need to print address labels from catagories in MS Outlook.
Anyone know how to do this?
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

and "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DA" wrote in message
I have MS Word 2002.
Need to print address labels from catagories in MS Outlook.
Anyone know how to do this?
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you start the merge from Outlook rather than Word, the categories field
(in fact all the fields) can be made available.
See the link Doug posted.

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
[...]

Need to print address labels from categories in MS Outlook.
Anyone know how to do this?
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

And, I think I knew that... What goes well with fried brain?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Onion gravy

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
[...]

How do I stopped skipped labels when printing on dot matrix ? betty Mailmerge 1 May 2nd 06 10:01 PM
Printing labels malfunction David DeRolph New Users 5 March 31st 06 06:52 AM
Alignment problems when Printing Labels Ian Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 05 06:30 AM
Printing labels BrianH Mailmerge 1 December 17th 05 04:13 PM
Skips two labels when printing FrogMan69 Mailmerge 1 November 11th 05 07:47 AM