Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wayneb wayneb is offline

Default How do I conditionally merge based on a data value?

I would like to create invoices and use mail merge to fill in items that have
not been paid. If an item has been paid, there will be a specific value in
the field.

An example would be homeowners fee. If paid, the field will have 100. If it
is not paid, I want to print a line requesting payment.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use an If...then...Else... field construction

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Fee } 100 "Please pay up" "" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt+F9
to hid their display.

I suspect that there might be more to what you are doing than just this and
that you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per condition
(=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article:

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"wayneb" wrote in message
I would like to create invoices and use mail merge to fill in items that
have
not been paid. If an item has been paid, there will be a specific value
in
the field.

An example would be homeowners fee. If paid, the field will have 100. If
it
is not paid, I want to print a line requesting payment.

Thank you.

How do I mail merge to EMAIL from MS Word AND add a pdf attachment Lily@Insight Mailmerge 24 January 15th 07 09:33 PM
Data Trucated in word merge with excel source BAW Mailmerge 6 May 3rd 06 04:10 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
DotNet Data Table as Mail Merge Data Source goraya Mailmerge 1 July 7th 05 09:51 AM
Mail merge error occurs when filtering Excel data source Dave Mailmerge 1 December 2nd 04 10:46 PM