Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Serafim Serafim is offline

Default Individual Merge Letters

The Word add-in template MMtoDocsRev19.dot from Doug Robbins, in Graham Mayor
website, is great and it would be very useful to me. I think that there is
just a little problem, a blank additional page at the end of each saved
document. Thus anyone know how to solve this problem?
By the way, thus anyone know in what is the add-in based? Counting sections
or counting registers? I'm a complete ignorant in VBA, so I'm not able to
understand the code.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Serafim Bragança Mendes
Santos - São Paulo - Brasil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The add-in is written in Visual Basic for Applications.

As it contains a command to change the section break at the end of each
letter from the next page section break that is inserted by default during
the mailmerge operation, to a continuous section break, it should not result
in a blank page at the end of each letter unless, the last page containing
text is completely full. If that is the case, you could try decreasing the
margins slightly of the Normal.Dot template to provide more space on the
page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Serafim" wrote in message
news
The Word add-in template MMtoDocsRev19.dot from Doug Robbins, in Graham
Mayor
website, is great and it would be very useful to me. I think that there is
just a little problem, a blank additional page at the end of each saved
document. Thus anyone know how to solve this problem?
By the way, thus anyone know in what is the add-in based? Counting
sections
or counting registers? I'm a complete ignorant in VBA, so I'm not able to
understand the code.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Serafim Bragança Mendes
Santos - São Paulo - Brasil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Serafim Serafim is offline

Mr. Doug,

First of all, thanks for your time.
The margins of my letter are different from those in Normal.dot.
For now, the pages are almost empty. I'm using less than 1/3 of the space.
I've tried many alternatives and I always get a blank page.
Today I noticed that the margins of the additional blank page are different
from those of my letter, but are equal to those of Normal.dot.
My letter has two pages, and the first page has a continuous section break
(if I take this continuous section break the problem is the same).
The header has {NUMPAGES OF SECTIONSPAGE} and in the additional page we see
3 of 1.
Is this information useful?

Serafim

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" escreveu:

The add-in is written in Visual Basic for Applications.

As it contains a command to change the section break at the end of each
letter from the next page section break that is inserted by default during
the mailmerge operation, to a continuous section break, it should not result
in a blank page at the end of each letter unless, the last page containing
text is completely full. If that is the case, you could try decreasing the
margins slightly of the Normal.Dot template to provide more space on the
page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Serafim" wrote in message
news
The Word add-in template MMtoDocsRev19.dot from Doug Robbins, in Graham
Mayor
website, is great and it would be very useful to me. I think that there is
just a little problem, a blank additional page at the end of each saved
document. Thus anyone know how to solve this problem?
By the way, thus anyone know in what is the add-in based? Counting
sections
or counting registers? I'm a complete ignorant in VBA, so I'm not able to
understand the code.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Serafim Bragança Mendes
Santos - São Paulo - Brasil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Serafim Serafim is offline

Mr. Doug,

Complementing my previous information, it seems that the problem is
occurring because my letter is paper size A4 (21 x 29,7 cm) and my Normal.dot
was paper size Letter (21,59 x 27,94 cm).

I've changed my Normal.dot to paper size A4 and everything seems OK (but I
will do more tests).

Why?

"Serafim" escreveu:

[...]

news