Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ny writer

Default writer needs help w/paragraph question

When I receive an emailed chapter, in this case, I open it into a word file.
For some reason, there is double-double spacing between the chapters in the
text. It's maddening! There must be a way to select all and then re-organize
the documents so there is no extra spacing between paragraphs and everything
is indented the same way. SOS, please!

Thank you! I have a new computer with a very new wordperfect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, you can correct this problem, but you need to ascertain how it is
created. To do this, display nonprinting characters by pressing Ctrl+* or
clicking the Show/Hide
¶ button on the Standard toolbar. If you see a paragraph mark (¶) in the
empty space between paragraphs, then this "blank line" has been created
using empty paragraphs. To remove those, use Find and Replace to search for
^p^p and replace with ^p.

If there is no ¶ between the text paragraphs, then the space has been added
using Space Before or After in the paragraph style (or formatting). Go to
Format | Paragraph to find and remove this extra space. The simplest way to
apply consistent formatting to the text is to apply a Body Text style
defined according to your requirements. Applying this style will
automatically remove any undesired Space Before/After.