Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeLe LeLe is offline

Default VBA Runtime error 91 when I create a new document

I get a VBA Runtime error 91 when I create a new document from my template
without first opening word. I keep the template on the desktop since I use
it so ofter. The document has several Fill-in fields which work fine after I
hit cancel several times to get rid of the above error and the "dialog box is
open error message". If I first open Word and then create a new document by
clicking on my (desktop stored) template no problem, everything works fine.

What going on? How can I fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Are there some macros in your template? Click on the Debug button in the
error message and see what line of code is highlighted.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"LeLe" wrote in message
I get a VBA Runtime error 91 when I create a new document from my template
without first opening word. I keep the template on the desktop since I
use
it so ofter. The document has several Fill-in fields which work fine after
hit cancel several times to get rid of the above error and the "dialog box
is
open error message". If I first open Word and then create a new document
by
clicking on my (desktop stored) template no problem, everything works
fine.

What going on? How can I fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeLe LeLe is offline

Yes, the template runs an autoexec macro which moves you through the fillin
fields. However, does this explain why the template DOES work if you OPEN MS
WORD first? I only get the error if I try to open the template and MS word
simultaneously.(I didlook at the macro, and the first line was yellow, but I
could not see anything wrong with it.

Thanks for any suggestions.