Fred Holmes

Default "Blank" document contains text?

Due almost certainly to some accidental keystroke, every time I open a
new "blank document" in MS Word 2000, it already contains some text
(text I recognize as having been in a temporary document that I didn't
save.) Where can I find the location of this text that is in all new
documents and delete it?

I'm sure I could "cure" the problem by deleting normal.dot and
starting over, but I have a large number of macros in normal.dot that
I would have to save and manually transfer to the new new normal.dot,
which would be a chore.

Thanks for any help.

Fred Holmes
Jay Freedman