Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jan1024188 jan1024188 is offline

Default Vectors in Word 2007

Hello,

I'm making a school project from linear algebra, and I'd like to know,
how to add vectors sign upper the vectors name like shown he
http://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan

--
jan1024188
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Vectors in Word 2007

Hi Jan,

No worries about your English, I understand you perfectly! Adding vectors to your Word document is actually quite simple. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button, which is located in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Accent" button, which is located in the "Structures" section.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select the "Vector" accent.
  5. Type the name of your vector (e.g. "v") and then press the spacebar.
  6. Click on the "Accent" button again and select the "Hat" accent.
  7. Type the letter "i" after the hat accent to create the vector symbol (e.g. "v̂").

That's it! You should now have a vector symbol above your vector name. You can adjust the size and position of the vector symbol by clicking on it and using the sizing handles that appear.

I hope this helps with your school project.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

On the Insert Ribbon, use the Equation command (on right), and select
Accent to insert the vector arrow over any letter you type. If your
plan is to create images like you have in the illustration, you will
have to use Word's drawing tools along with transparent text boxes to
hold the "equations."

On May 5, 2:33 pm, jan1024188
wrote:
Hello,

I'm making a school project from linear algebra, and I'd like to know,
how to add vectors sign upper the vectors name like shown hehttp://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan

--
jan1024188

Posted to microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Jan, you also asked about PowerPoint, and although this isn't a PPT
newsgroup, I'll answer your question anyway (and I've also added the
PPT newsgroup to this post).

The "new" equation editor included in Word 2007 is not in PowerPoint
2007. This is the editor Reitanos was talking about in his response.
(This is also referred to as the "OMML equation editor".)

The equation editor in PowerPoint 2007 is "Microsoft Equation 3.0"
(also known as "Equation Editor"), which is the same as the equation
editor that was shipped with Office 2003. This editor, by the way, is
also in Word 2007, but it does not have the "vector barb" that you're
looking for. MathType, the upgrade to Equation Editor, does have this
symbol, and it works in both Word and PowerPoint. You can download a
free 30-day evaluation of MathType at the link in my signature if you
want.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

name like shown here http://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on
same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jan1024188[_2_] jan1024188[_2_] is offline

wrote:-
Hello,

I'm making a school project from linear algebra, and I'd like to know,
how to add vectors sign upper the vectors name like shown
hehttp://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan

--
jan1024188-

Thank you very much.

Where can I find drawing tools?

--
jan1024188

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

wrote:-
Hello,

I'm making a school project from linear algebra, and I'd like to know,
how to add vectors sign upper the vectors name like shown
hehttp://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan

--
jan1024188-

Thank you very much.

Where can I find drawing tools?

On the Insert ribbon, click the Shapes button to see a large list of shapes. To
draw vectors, choose the line with an arrow, third from the left in the top row.
After you draw a line with that tool, the Drawing Tools Format ribbon will be
available while the line is selected. On that ribbon, click the down arrow next
to the Shape Outline button in the Shape Styles group. With the items on that
menu you can change the line thickness, color, arrowhead size, and so forth.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman