Becicat

Default Zip Drive"File Permission Error"

I received a message saying "word cannot complete the transmission due to a
File Permission Error" when attempting to save an updated file to my Zip
Drive. I saved others, and the disc is not up to its capacity. Help.
Jezebel

Saving directly to removable media often corrupts the document and
frequently the medium as well. If you've got away with it in the past,
you've been lucky. Save the file to your hard disk, then use Explorer to
copy it to the Zip drive.

"Becicat" wrote in message
I received a message saying "word cannot complete the transmission due to a
File Permission Error" when attempting to save an updated file to my Zip
Drive. I saved others, and the disc is not up to its capacity. Help.

Becicat

I'm pretty ignorant...I usually save to hard drive, then to zip for back-up.
I just want to update this file on zip. What do you mean by "using Explorer"
to copy to zip drive?

"Becicat" wrote in message
I received a message saying "word cannot complete the transmission due to a
File Permission Error" when attempting to save an updated file to my Zip
Drive. I saved others, and the disc is not up to its capacity. Help.

lostinspace

"What do you mean by "using Explorer" to copy to zip drive?"

Windows Explorer displays your local computers directory/folder structure.
May be accessed in a number of ways. The easiest being using the WINDOWS
key+E.

You may also use "My Computer" which today's Windows users seem to accept
more readily.