Pawprintsx4

Default only one page of mail merge document is printing

I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When I print
the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.
Anne Troy

Are you sure you actually performed the merge, and you're not just
"previewing"?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Pawprintsx4" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When I
print
the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When
I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.

Pawprintsx4

Thanks, Graham, but that didn't help me with printing. I have walked through
all of the steps, and the merge went fine. I have all three pages of lables
- I see them on the screen. However when I print them, I only get the first
page. Thanks.

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When
I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.

Doug Robbins

I would still question whether you are actually executing the merge to the
printer or just printing the mailmerge main document.

Use the mailmerge toolbar and then click on the third button on the
righthand end which is the "Merge to Printer" button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When
I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.

Pawprintsx4

Thanks, Doug. That did work. However, at the bottom of the preview screen,
it says in blue"Next: Complete the Merge". I clicked on that, then went up
to fileprint, and that is where I was getting the one page. When I clicked
on the 'Print' from the merge screen, it worked. Thank you all for your help!

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages. When
I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me? Thanks.

Graham Mayor

You have to print from the merge process. Printing from the file menu, as
you have discovered, prints the source document and dows not execute the
merge. You will find it simpler to merge using the method suggested in the
web page I nposted earlier.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

I would still question whether you are actually executing the merge
to the printer or just printing the mailmerge main document.

Use the mailmerge toolbar and then click on the third button on the
righthand end which is the "Merge to Printer" button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Pawprintsx4" wrote in
message ...

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages.
When I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me?
Thanks.

Graham Mayor

Me too

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

I would still question whether you are actually executing the merge
to the printer or just printing the mailmerge main document.

Use the mailmerge toolbar and then click on the third button on the
righthand end which is the "Merge to Printer" button.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Pawprintsx4" wrote in
message ...

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages.
When I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me?
Thanks.

When I am setting up a new mail merge main document (especially the
Catalog/Directory type), I invariably have to test the merge half a dozen
times before I get the spacing and syntax tweaked just right. After that I
guess I could probably trust a merge to the printer, but the advantage of
merging to a new document is that if I need to reprint a single page or
envelope, it's fairly straightforward. I can understand that some merges are
much too large for this method, but I have never created a merge with more
than 1,000 records.

Pawprintsx4 wrote:
I have created a mail merge document for labels - three pages.
When I print the labels, I only get one page. Can you help me?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dkilventon

I found a great work-around to this problem by super-replacing all "section
breaks" with "manual page breaks." WORKS GREAT and each letter has its own
page #.