Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CanadianWoman

Default How do I correct incorrect spelling in the Dictionary?

Don't know that I need a discription, the question is kinda straight forward.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, some description would help, especially the version of Word you're
using and exactly what you mean by "incorrect spelling."

If you have added an incorrectly spelled word to your custom dictionary, you
can edit the dictionary to remove it. How you go about this varies from one
version to another, but start with the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools |
Options and follow your nose. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

If Word's built-in dictionary is accepting a spelling you consider incorrect
(or if you want to flag a correctly spelled word for any reason), you can
create an exclusion dictionary; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm

"CanadianWoman" wrote in message
Don't know that I need a discription, the question is kinda straight

forward.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

The word "description" is correctly spelled in the dictionary,
and your personal preference to use "discription" is incorrect.

CanadianWoman wrote:

Don't know that I need a discription, the question is kinda straight forward.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You don't - and the spelling in your post suggests that you shouldn't even
if it were possible.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"CanadianWoman" wrote in message
Don't know that I need a discription, the question is kinda straight

forward.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(And we still don't know what that was.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, some description would help, especially the version of Word you're
using and exactly what you mean by "incorrect spelling."

If you have added an incorrectly spelled word to your custom dictionary,

you
can edit the dictionary to remove it. How you go about this varies from

one
version to another, but start with the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools |
Options and follow your nose. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

If Word's built-in dictionary is accepting a spelling you consider

incorrect
(or if you want to flag a correctly spelled word for any reason), you

can
create an exclusion dictionary; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CanadianWoman" wrote in

message
Don't know that I need a discription, the question is kinda straight

forward.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CanadianWoman

The problem was that while in word (at work) some one had entered a word into
the dictionary while doing spell check. They entered it wrong and I was
trying to figure out how to remove the incorrect word from the spell check
dictionary. Your response helped with that. Thank you