Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bell Bell is offline

Default Save mail merge as individual letters.

I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and Office are
checked and have added the Add-In in the startup folder
I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within the mail merge I choose
Letters, Use an existing document as template and then move forth in the mail
merge. However as I click Ok having checked All in the Edit Individual
Letters menu Word creates one document with all letters instead of offering
me the options as expressed at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
I'm using Word 2003.

Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and add-ins?
No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon to offer his two
penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes

Bell wrote:
I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and Office
are checked and have added the Add-In in the startup folder
I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within the mail merge
I choose Letters, Use an existing document as template and then move
forth in the mail merge. However as I click Ok having checked All in
the Edit Individual Letters menu Word creates one document with all
letters instead of offering me the options as expressed at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
I'm using Word 2003.

Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you using Word as the editor in Outlook? If so, you must start Word
before starting Outlook otherwise, the autoexec macro in the add-in will not
run.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bell" wrote in message
Thats correct.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and add-ins?
No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon to offer his two
penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes

Bell wrote:
I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and Office
are checked and have added the Add-In in the startup folder
I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within the mail merge
I choose Letters, Use an existing document as template and then move
forth in the mail merge. However as I click Ok having checked All in
the Edit Individual Letters menu Word creates one document with all
letters instead of offering me the options as expressed at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
I'm using Word 2003.

Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I'll add that to the web page

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Are you using Word as the editor in Outlook? If so, you must start
Word before starting Outlook otherwise, the autoexec macro in the
add-in will not run.

"Bell" wrote in message
Thats correct.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and
add-ins? No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon to
offer his two penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes

Bell wrote:
I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and
Office are checked and have added the Add-In in the startup
folder I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within the mail
merge I choose Letters, Use an existing document as template and
then move forth in the mail merge. However as I click Ok having
checked All in the Edit Individual Letters menu Word creates one
document with all letters instead of offering me the options as
expressed at http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
I'm using Word 2003.

Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Graham,

I thought that it was you that discovered that when I was first playing with
this. In addition, the addin will not work if Word was started by double
clicking on a file on the Desktop, in Windows Explorer, or as an attachment
to an Email message.

In short, Word must be started from the Start menu for the addin to work.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I'll add that to the web page

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Are you using Word as the editor in Outlook? If so, you must start
Word before starting Outlook otherwise, the autoexec macro in the
add-in will not run.

"Bell" wrote in message
Thats correct.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and
add-ins? No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon to
offer his two penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes

Bell wrote:
I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and
Office are checked and have added the Add-In in the startup
folder I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within the mail
merge I choose Letters, Use an existing document as template and
then move forth in the mail merge. However as I click Ok having
checked All in the Edit Individual Letters menu Word creates one
document with all letters instead of offering me the options as
expressed at http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
I'm using Word 2003.

Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bell Bell is offline

Hi Doug,
I'm just using word. Have been trying with Outlook closed. I also tried
merging from an empty document, in case there should be something wrong in
the template I normally use, but I still doesn't work. Any more suggestions?
I have got it to work once but not since.

Thanks Johan

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Are you using Word as the editor in Outlook? If so, you must start Word
before starting Outlook otherwise, the autoexec macro in the add-in will not
run.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bell" wrote in message
Thats correct.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and add-ins?
No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon to offer his two
penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes