Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
|}Bree{\\ |}Bree{\\ is offline

Default HELP!!! :( Symbol lock/Wrong symbols - Vista

For some strange reason, halfway through my reports i always manage to turn
on some type of character lock. All of a sudden my question marks become
"E's" with the two dots ontop, my quote symbols are turned backwards, and my
number symbols (!@%$, etc) are turned into some regular random character
symbols. I must be accidently hitting some key combination to do this but
it's driving me crazy because I don't know how to undo it. I'm constantly
forced to cut and paste my entire document into a new word file and continue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "backward quotation marks" suggests that you're switching to a
German keyboard (by pressing LeftAlt+Shift). That combination will
cycle you through all the keyboards installed in your Windows.

If you don't want that feature, then go to Start Control Panel
Regional and Language Options Languages Details and Delete the
keyboards under "English" that you don't want, and/or Delete the
languages other than English that you don't want.