Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
× ×™× ×” × ×™× ×” is offline

Default Fonts come out different than on screen

Hi,
Since I installed a new disk [with the same configuration as befo xp pro
sp2], the fonts in print differ from how they are presented on screen. I use
the same office 2003, the same font: lucida sans unicode size 10, the same HP
printer - and all documents that in the past were ok, now come out in bold
fonts. I even tried to print on a different computer and printer - and still
the fonts are bold.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks
Nina

--
×*×™×*×”
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If regular fonts doesn't display, they could be missing or damaged. Try
reinstalling them (from the Windows DVD or CD if these are fonts that come
with Windows).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"×*×™×*×”" wrote:

Hi,
Since I installed a new disk [with the same configuration as befo xp pro
sp2], the fonts in print differ from how they are presented on screen. I use
the same office 2003, the same font: lucida sans unicode size 10, the same HP
printer - and all documents that in the past were ok, now come out in bold
fonts. I even tried to print on a different computer and printer - and still
the fonts are bold.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks
Nina

--
×*×™×*×”

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do the fonts work OK in other applications?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"????" wrote in message
Thanks, but the fonts are ok.

--
????

"????" wrote:

Hi,
Since I installed a new disk [with the same configuration as befo xp
pro
sp2], the fonts in print differ from how they are presented on screen.
I use
the same office 2003, the same font: lucida sans unicode size 10, the
same HP
printer - and all documents that in the past were ok, now come out in
bold
fonts. I even tried to print on a different computer and printer - and
still
the fonts are bold.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks
Nina

--
????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
× ×™× ×” × ×™× ×” is offline

Yes - sometimes...
Documents which were uploadsd back into the new disk - print with the same
problem in other computers and printers.
Same documents that did not pass through the new disk - from gmail - print
on other computer and printer correctly.
Which brings in mind that the problem is somewhere in the xp that was
installed on the new disk.
Don't know what else to think.
But - there is no indication in xp to problem in drivers...????
Thanks a lot
Nina

--
×*×™×*×”

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do the fonts work OK in other applications?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"????" wrote in message
Thanks, but the fonts are ok.

--
????

"????" wrote:

Hi,
Since I installed a new disk [with the same configuration as befo xp
pro
sp2], the fonts in print differ from how they are presented on screen.
I use
the same office 2003, the same font: lucida sans unicode size 10, the
same HP
printer - and all documents that in the past were ok, now come out in
bold
fonts. I even tried to print on a different computer and printer - and
still
the fonts are bold.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks
Nina

--
????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may want to check the settings of your printer (in Control Panel). It
could be performing font substitution.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do the fonts work OK in other applications?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"????" wrote in message
Thanks, but the fonts are ok.

--
????

"????" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
× ×™× ×” × ×™× ×” is offline

I already did it.
It does not. It seems it has to do with xp somehow...???

--
×*×™×*×”

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do the fonts work OK in other applications?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"????" wrote in message