Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross Payne Ross Payne is offline

Default Mysterious Endnote Situatio

I inherited a document (Word 2003) and have cleaned up the formatting and
styles, but one problem remains. It has to do with endnotes. The document
has multiple sections. In section 3 there is a table that takes up about a
half page. There are 6 endnote references within the table, and the person
who passed the document to me wanted the endnote text to appear right below
the table. So he apparently created the endnotes manually and applied the
endnote text style. The problem is that at the end of section 3 there are 6
"blank" endnotes. I would like to: (a) eliminate the "blank" endnotes; and
(b) have the endnotes appear right below the table. Any ideas? Thanks,

Ross Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

MAKE A COPY of the document to experiment on. I'm guessing that there
are manually created notes right under the table, which you can leave
alone. Deleting the endnote numbers in the table should delete the
blank endnotes, and then manually replace them by typing the appropriate
numbers to match the notes under the table.

Tables often use the a,b,c sequence for notes instead of the numbers
that are being used around them, which makes it all easier.

Mysterious line Mindwrker New Users 1 March 11th 07 11:35 AM
Mysterious footer displayed on some docs John Dawson Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 07 08:51 AM
Mysterious Text Turbo Microsoft Word Help 5 October 22nd 05 12:47 AM
Mysterious line on each page Roger Nye Microsoft Word Help 10 July 21st 05 08:57 PM
mysterious temp files maxwell891 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 03:22 AM