Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
workliveplay workliveplay is offline

Default Merge Field Currency Switch Rounding

I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You should be able to find out how to do this in fellow MVP, Macropod's Word
Field Maths 'tutorial', at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"workliveplay" wrote in message
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding
handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think this one needs Macropod's further attention. In the meantime

{ IF{ =MOD({Mergefield Fieldname },1000) } 500 "{ ={ =INT({ ={ =ROUND ({
Mergefield Fieldname},0) }/1000 }) } * 1000 \# ",$0" }" "{ ={ =INT({ ={
=ROUND ({ Mergefield Fieldname},0) }/1000 }) } * 1000 +1000 \# ",$0" }"}

is not very elegant but it appears to work

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You should be able to find out how to do this in fellow MVP,
Macropod's Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding
handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using ctrl-F9,
not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in message
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding
handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I get some amusement from the fact that an organisation that's dealing in $
amounts large enough that they want to round them to thousands of dollars
can't work out how to do it. But not a lot :-)

Peter Jamieson

Peter Jamieson wrote:
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding
handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi all,

Perhaps the following would suit the OP better:
{=ROUND({MERGEFIELD myamount},-3) \# "$,0"}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message ...
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using ctrl-F9,
not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in message
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field to
currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal rounding
handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
workliveplay workliveplay is offline

WOW!

Thanks to all for the prompt responses, with editorial... levity makes the
world a better place!

BTW, Yes it is someone elses money-surety for land development.

You all have my sincere respect and admiration.

Cheers!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I knew you'd have a plan

macropod wrote:
Hi all,

Perhaps the following would suit the OP better:
{=ROUND({MERGEFIELD myamount},-3) \# "$,0"}

Cheers

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field
to currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal
rounding handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

World domination!!!

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

macropod wrote:
Hi all,

Perhaps the following would suit the OP better:
{=ROUND({MERGEFIELD myamount},-3) \# "$,0"}

Cheers

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field
to currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal
rounding handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For a moment I thought you said "Word domination" :-)

Peter Jamieson

"macropod" wrote in message
World domination!!!

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

macropod wrote:
Hi all,

Perhaps the following would suit the OP better:
{=ROUND({MERGEFIELD myamount},-3) \# "$,0"}

Cheers

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field
to currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal
rounding handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

There's a difference?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message ...
For a moment I thought you said "Word domination" :-)

Peter Jamieson

"macropod" wrote in message
World domination!!!

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

macropod wrote:
Hi all,

Perhaps the following would suit the OP better:
{=ROUND({MERGEFIELD myamount},-3) \# "$,0"}

Cheers

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
For positive amounts,

{ =round({ MERGEFIELD myamount } / 1000,0) \#",$0K" }

?

(All the {} have to be the field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ordinary keyboard characters)

Peter Jamieson
"workliveplay" wrote in
message ...
I am working with MS Office 2003 and trying to round a merge field
to currency rounded to the nearest $1K. I've got the decimal
rounding handled.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'd say

"an 'ell of a difference"

except then I'd have to kill myself...

Peter Jamieson
"macropod" wrote in message
There's a difference?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
For a moment I thought you said "Word domination" :-)

Peter Jamieson

"macropod" wrote in message
World domination!!!

--