AndieJ

Default Old document opens when I try to open a new one

When using Word, an old, saved document always opens when I try to open a
new, blank document.
SVC

One possibilitiy is that your old document has been saved as your Normal.dot
template. If you do not have any special settings, custom toolbars,
AutoText, macros, etc. set up, you can delete your current Normal.dot or, to
be safe, rename it as Normal.old. The next time you open a new document in
Word, Word will create a new, blank Normal.dot.

Alternately, if you do have lots of special settings, AutoText, macros,
custom toolbars, etc., open your Normal.dot file and clear everything from it
(use Alt+A to Select all, then hit Delete). Then save the Normal.dot file.
This will leave all your custom settings intact. The next time you open a
new Word file, you should get a blank document.

"AndieJ" wrote:

When using Word, an old, saved document always opens when I try to open a
new, blank document.

garfield-n-odie

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm .