Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dollysowner dollysowner is offline

Default How do I prevent the EULA from running every time I start Office 2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to accept it when logged in as the administrator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dollysowner dollysowner is offline

Default How do I prevent the EULA from running every time I start Offi

I am logged in as the Administrator. If it makes any difference, I'm running
Office 2003 on Vista.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

You need to accept it when logged in as the administrator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
www.jonpaulmusic.co.uk www.jonpaulmusic.co.uk is offline
Banned

force quit your pc (ie hold down the power button on the pc) when the
computer restarts it will give you the option to start in safe mode. start
the computer in safe mode and then launch any of your office products when
the eula apears accept it. than shut down the pc (not restart) wait a few
second and then turn on your pc launch your office product and the eula will
no longer appear. Hope this helps as there has been alot of posts on this
subject but no real answers (that i could find anyway) at least this saved
me paying microsoft £40.00 for tec support. good luck and happy computing

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

You need to accept it when logged in as the administrator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thornton3 Thornton3 is offline

I'm running Vista with 2003 myself. I found that by moving a shortcut for
any office application to the desktop, then right-clicking on it, I could
select "run as administrator." I then accepted the Eula, and that was it.
Since I am the administrator on my login, I'm not sure why this step is
necessary; hopefully this will be address with a patch.
Best regards
Thornton

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

You need to accept it when logged in as the administrator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Babydoll Babydoll is offline

Thank you very much for this little tidbit. I have tried every other
suggestion to get rid of EULAs, and this was the only one that worked.
Thanks again, you just eased my stress level.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

You need to accept it when logged in as the administrator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David O - owner of UKSBSGUY.com David O - owner of UKSBSGUY.com is offline

If you want to start your PC in safemode, simply restart it and press F8 once
the "bios" (memory count and what devices you have) has gone by and before
you see the windows loading bars. You should then be able to choose safe
mode.

While that will work, if you go to my web site I have how to load Office
2003 into Vista and as part of that page, how to stop the EULA appearing
(with pictures of the screen for those who are a little concerned about what
they are doing).

The URL is
http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/a...coming-up.aspx.
If you have already loaded Office, skip straight down to step 7 which is a
screen by screen walk through of the Microsoft KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305.

Note, the same process works on XP, but without the "UAC" prompt

thanks

David