Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Protect against accidental deletions and overwrites of text

I've used track changes quite a bit before but its limitation seems to be
this: if you delete or overwrite text that is currently markup text (ie
waiting to be accepted by you) then you lose it for good. So it only seems
good for protecting text that has already been accepted.
I would love to have a macro or some other method that allows me to check
all deletions (markup and non markup text) before I accept them.
One workaround I suppose would be to save a version every time I close down
but this won't catch everything (and besides it seems to slow documents down
over time?)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I guess you could change your user name when you want to revise your
revisions. Word will then think another user editing the document and
preserve all changes.

Your user name can be found in Tools/Options/User Information.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word