Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Footnotes

I cannot insert footnotes in Normal View. After placing the cursor where I
would like the footnote number to appear I access InsertReferenceFootnote.
Once the dialog box appears I select footnotes and click on insert - at this
point the cursor should (I believe) move to the footnotes pane (which is now
visible). This does not happen and I cannot click in it either. The
footnotes pane is completely in accessible.

Is there a hidden setting I am missing, or am I missing something simple?
TIA
Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That is were the cursor should be. What happens if you press the Tab key,
or just start typing anyway?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sandy" wrote in message
I cannot insert footnotes in Normal View. After placing the cursor where I
would like the footnote number to appear I access
InsertReferenceFootnote. Once the dialog box appears I select footnotes
and click on insert - at this point the cursor should (I believe) move to
the footnotes pane (which is now visible). This does not happen and I
cannot click in it either. The footnotes pane is completely in accessible.

Is there a hidden setting I am missing, or am I missing something simple?
TIA
Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sandy Sandy is offline

Hi Doug

In Normal View the focus should move to the pane at the bottom of the screen
after "Insert" is clicked. In my case it remains where the number is
inserted. If I type immediately after clicking "Insert" in the Footnotes
dialog box then it simply adds text to the document. The superscript number
remains in place.
I cannot click in the footnotes pane at all.

I can insert footnotes in Print Layout View, but not in Normal View??

Sandy

"Sandy" wrote in message
I cannot insert footnotes in Normal View. After placing the cursor where I
would like the footnote number to appear I access
InsertReferenceFootnote. Once the dialog box appears I select footnotes
and click on insert - at this point the cursor should (I believe) move to
the footnotes pane (which is now visible). This does not happen and I
cannot click in it either. The footnotes pane is completely in
accessible.

Is there a hidden setting I am missing, or am I missing something simple?
TIA
Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

OK, that was a long shot. Sorry, I do not know of any setting that would
cause that behaviour, unless it might be something to do with Right to Left
Language Support as comes with a number of Asian Languages.
..