Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default outline toolbar in Word 2003

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, removing all headers and footers
t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

This works but I have to do it by hand once in Word, once, before it does it
for every switching. Can I make it automatically do that on entering word
2003?

t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I have no idea what you're doing... If you do as I said befo

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

(and notice that the macro _must_ be named AutoExec in order to have Word run it
on every startup; see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ionEvents.htm), then you don't
have to do _anything_ "by hand".

t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

When I go into macros/create it takes me to a sub-module with an autoexec
macro already in operation (savereminder) and not to normal template. Can I
number the autoexec files to create a new one? I am not familiar with this
type of macro, thanks.

t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you really already have a macro named AutoExec, just add the new code to
what is already there (between Sub AutoExec and End Sub, omitting those
parts from the new macro).

But I would imagine that the SaveReminder macro is a separate macro with its
own name: does it begin with Sub SaveReminder?

t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar. When I
go
back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps coming back. I
do
not need it and want to get rid of it forever if I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, there can be only one AutoExec macro in Normal.dot (if you were to try a
name such as AutoExec1, it would not be executed automatically when Word
starts).

However, you can add the line about CommandBars to the existing AutoExec
macro. If it looks like this now:

Sub AutoExec()
' some code here
End Sub

then copy the line about CommandBars and paste it in just before the End Sub
line:

Sub AutoExec()
' some code here
CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False
End Sub

and save the template.

t.com wrote:

Is there a way to permanently get rid of the outlining toolbar.
When I go back and forth from print view to outline view, it keeps
coming back. I do not need it and want to get rid of it forever if
I can

Put this line in an AutoExec macro in your Normal.dot template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

CommandBars("Outlining").Enabled = False

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

when I go to macro/macros and see the list of macros I have created, there is
no autoexec listed or shown there. However, when I type in the "new" macro
name autoexec, it asks if I want to replace the autoexec file? So there must
be one that is not shown in the macro list?

If I type "autoexec" in that new macro name box and then use "step in" it
takes me to a (Visual Basic) SaveRem "module" (I have a save file reminder
add-in operating from one of the MVP websites) with its long list of command,
but when I add this outline view bar code to it as you suggest between sub
outline and end sub in that long list of entries, it does not work after I go
out of word and come back in?