Michael

Default Bulk convert graphics inside Word docs?

Is there a tool to bulk-convert graphics that are inside a
Word doc?

Our org has a number of 2+ Mb Word files that could be
shrunk considerably if the screenshot that were just
pasted into them could be compressed to 72 dpi .jpg images.

I've found a tool that can do that en mass, but only if
the graphics are first on the hard drive. To save me the
work of manually extracting the graphics individually to
the hard drive, running the converter, and then manually
inserting them back into the Word doc, I'm hoping to find
a utility that will do that while the graphics are still
within the Word file.

Does anyone know of anything that will do this?

Thanks,

Michael
Jonathan West

If you are running Word 2002 or Word 2003, go to the View, Toolbars menu,
and display the Picture toolbar. That toolbar has a Compress Pictures
button. Click that and you will geta Compress Pictures dialog that will
offer you various options for compressing the pictures in the document.

I would recommend that you experiment using copies of your documents, and
leave the originals untouched until you have worked out the optimum
compromise for you between file size and picture quality.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP