Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MtHelix MtHelix is offline

Default Print Button Launches "Save As" window

Can anyone tell me why, when I click on the print button or click on "print"
in the "File" drop down menu, a "Save As" window opens up forcing me to save
the document before the software allows me to print? And can you tell me how
to get rid of this "occurrance?"
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Possibility 1: You've got a macro associated with the Print option, that
calls SaveAs before calling Print. This could be either a macro called
FilePrint, or the Print option on the menu has been re-defined in which case
the macro could be called anything at all. FIx: reset the menu; delete the
macro.

Possibility 2: Your printer driver requires that the file be saved before
printing.

Possibility 3: You've got some print manager accessory running, that
intercepts the print instruction and forces the document to be saved
(there's at least one on the market that does this, in order to know whom to
bill for the cost of the printout).