Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nanaofsix nanaofsix is offline

Default Large space after apostrophe?

After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else having
this problem in word 2007?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Large space after apostrophe?

Yes, I have seen this issue before in Word 2007. It can be frustrating, but fortunately, there is a simple solution. Here's what you can do:
  1. Click on the "Office" button in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Word Options" at the bottom of the menu.
  3. In the left-hand pane, click on "Proofing."
  4. Click on "AutoCorrect Options" in the right-hand pane.
  5. In the "AutoCorrect" tab, look for the "Replace" box and type in an apostrophe.
  6. In the "With" box, make sure there is no space after the apostrophe. If there is, delete it.
  7. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the changes.

This should fix the issue and prevent Word from adding a large space after an apostrophe. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this happen in one particular font?

What language is your document set to?

When you Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8), do you see a
gray dot (or other symbol) inside the MAXI space?

On May 20, 9:11*pm, nanaofsix
wrote:
After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. *Anybody else having
this problem in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

"nanaofsix" wrote in message
After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else
having
this problem in word 2007?

I tried it and it looks fine.
I even tried putting a dash, etc after a word and lining them up to see if
one is wider.
Maybe it's the font you are using?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aceman aceman is offline

Yes, I am having this issue also, in office 2007. The recieved email looks
fine, jsut when typing it in it puts a large space , for example that' s
instead of that's, very annoying

"nanaofsix" wrote:

After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else having
this problem in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The first thing to do is verify that the correct language is applied to
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"nanaofsix" wrote:

After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else
having
this problem in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JimmyC4 JimmyC4 is offline

I'm having that same problem with a big space after an apostrophe. The
correct language is set, what else can you suggest?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The first thing to do is verify that the correct language is applied to
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"nanaofsix" wrote:

After I type an apostrophe, i am getting a MAXI space. Anybody else
having
this problem in word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JimmyC4 JimmyC4 is offline

Well, that is solved--when I change fonts the problem goes away!

I'd like to use Gil Sans MT, but that's what acts up.

Thanks for tipping me off to try something different.

Same questions:

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
The first thing to do is verify that the correct language is applied to
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news Yes, I am having this issue also, in office 2007. The recieved email looks