Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert

Default Mail merge for labels doesn't work

Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message saying
that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says to reinstall
Word. I've done everything that is suggested on Microsoft's support site and
reinstalled Office, all to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

It is possible that the dll file is corrupt or missing. You can download a
replacement from
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/schdmapi.zip

Robert wrote:
Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message
saying that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says
to reinstall Word. I've done everything that is suggested on
Microsoft's support site and reinstalled Office, all to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matthew G. McConaghy

Mr. Mayor,

I've downloaded the DLL Zip file from your website (thanks for the link!)
Now, where do i extract it to? thanks, Matthew

Robert wrote:
Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message
saying that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says
to reinstall Word. I've done everything that is suggested on
Microsoft's support site and reinstalled Office, all to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert

Hi Graham,

From the replies it looks as if someone else has a similar problem. I'm
just loading the file over the other one right now and will let you know how
it works. I did try finding that file on the net and Microsoft's site, but
it's part of Internet Explorer it seems and I couldn't get a stand alone
copy! The other thing Microsoft offered on their site for this problem was
that Netscape had changed settings for their own e-mail, which created the
problem. I was not able to change those settings, as they don't appear in
the latest version of Netscape, so I deleted it, but the problem remained.

Thanks again,
Robert

"Robert" wrote:

Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message saying
that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says to reinstall
Word. I've done everything that is suggested on Microsoft's support site and
reinstalled Office, all to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matthew G. McConaghy

Graham,

I am familiar with the functions of winzip. My question was, where do I
extract the new DLL file to, which folder?

Thanks

Robert wrote:
Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message
saying that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says
to reinstall Word. I've done everything that is suggested on
Microsoft's support site and reinstalled Office, all to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may be familiar with the functions of winzip, but apparently not with
the use of read.me.txt files, so to help you out, this is what the
read.me.txt file in Graham's zipfile contains:

Add the schdmapi.dll file to the folder
\windows\system32

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Matthew G. McConaghy" wrote
in message ...

Robert wrote:
Hi,

When using Word (staring in Outlook or Word) I get an error message
saying that schdmapi.dll could not be loaded. The message also says
to reinstall Word. I've done everything that is suggested on
Microsoft's support site and reinstalled Office, all to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert

Hi Graham,

Problem solved. And as it turns out there was no file by that name in my
system at all. No wonder it couldn't be initialized!

Thanks so much!
Robert