J.Clark J.Clark is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2007 to pdf, Require Relative Links

I created an ebook using Word 2007. The ebook hyperlinks to content located in a directory = /working_dir/images & /working_dir/docs & /working_dir/mp4. The ebook is located in /working_dir/docs/ebook.docx. When I save to pdf, all the hyperlinks are absolute right back to the drive designation. I want to distribute the working_dir and all the contents by a zip file, but I have no idea where users will actually place it on their system. How can I change the pdf links to relative links just with respect to the location of the word file?
J.Clark J.Clark is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Clark View Post
I created an ebook using Word 2007. The ebook hyperlinks to content located in a directory = /working_dir/images & /working_dir/docs & /working_dir/mp4. The ebook is located in /working_dir/docs/ebook.docx. When I save to pdf, all the hyperlinks are absolute right back to the drive designation. I want to distribute the working_dir and all the contents by a zip file, but I have no idea where users will actually place it on their system. How can I change the pdf links to relative links just with respect to the location of the word file?
Ok solved my problem. I edited my ebook.docx by cutting several pages which disabled the relative hyperlinking. By copying and pasting the portion of the document to a new word 2007 document, I saved the relative hyperlinking. When saving to pdf, the links look like they are absolute because they refer right back to the drive letter. But when you move the pdf to a different location, then the links change accordingly. So everything is ok, my mistake.