jlt0411 jlt0411 is offline
Junior Member

Default Find & replace text with endnote

I have a long document where I created custom place holders for various citations. I would like to do a find/replace and add a superscript number for an endnote when that citation was used multiple times. Is there a way to do this or do I have to go through and create each one individually?

Just to be clear: I have a placeholder text (A) used 19 times. I want to find and replace with superscript 3 for citation.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Ctrl-H. Type placehoder text in "Find" box. Tab to "Replace
with" bos and type replacement text. Press Ctrl-Shift-+ once. Click
"Replace All."

However, you should have done it with Endnotes in the first place.

--
jlt0411

Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

You can replace any text with a superscript by using Word's Find/Replace dialog box. In your particular example:
Use Ctrl+H to open the Find/Replace dialog box

Type (A) in the Find field
Type 3 in the Replace field.

Click on the More button at the bottom of the dialog box if you can see it. If your dialog box is already expanded then you will see Less button in place of More button.

Click on the Format button at the bottom of the expanded dialog box. Click on Font. The Font dialog box will open. Check the Superscript box and click okay.

Now test it by clicking on the Find Next button, and once (A) is found, click Replace and see if it is replaced by superscript 3. If it works fine, then click Replace All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlt0411 View Post