DanMurphy DanMurphy is offline
Junior Member

Default Using the environ function in a world field

Hello All

I am using Word 2007, and trying to make a word template with a users signature automatically present depending on the user that opens the document.

I am having little success at the moment however, I am brutishly inexperienced with Word VBA.

My first attempt was a straightforward inclusion in the word fields

{INCLUDEPICTURE C:\\Signatures\\Environ("Username").bmp}

which returned a broken picture symbol.

My second attempt has been to have a wrapper function around it.

Public Function EMPNAME()

EMPNAME = Environ("Username")

End Function

But including
{INCLUDEPICTURE C:\\Signatures\\{=EMPNAME()}.bmp}

Just returns syntax error.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? It would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Environ function can be used, from within Visual Basic for Applications, to
return paths represented by environment variables. It can't be embedded in a
field code.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP