Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] grahamcox1970@gmail.com is offline

Default Problems opening HTML file in MS Word and Euro Symbol

Hi All,

I have a user who opens a html file (created from xml using xslt 1.0) that contains several lines with the euro symbol showing. All is fine in IE and other browsers, but when the html file is opened in MS Word, the euro symbol appears as a square Chinese character

The xslt is set to use encoding of UTF-8. I have tried with ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-15, to no avail.

the user has the English version of MS Word 2007, with German regional settings

I have been unable to recreate the problem

Many thanks....if wrong group, please suggest a better one