Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
iainfs1 iainfs1 is offline
Junior Member

Default Complex list style

Hi,

I need a rather complex list style for an outline numbering system. I have the following styles:

Heading 1 (H1)
Heading 2 (H2)
Second-level Paragraph (P2)
Third-level Paragraph (P3)

I need to incorporate them into an outline numbering scheme that works, for example, as follows.

Code:
1 A main heading (H1)
      1.1 A subheading (H2)
           1.1.1 A paragraph of body text at level three (P3)
           1.1.2 Another paragraph of body text (P3)
2 A second main heading (H1)
      2.1 A paragraph of body text at level two (P2)
      2.2 And another one (P2)
      2.3 But this is a heading! (H2)
           2.3.1 And here's a body paragraph (P3)
i.e. all paragraphs and headings are numbered, and things at level 2 are sometimes headings and sometimes body text. Furthermore, only the headings should have ToC entries, so the ToC for the above should only have entries

1
1.1
2
2.3