JD

Default Help With Avery Template

I bought a package for printing CD jewel case inserts. Avery product number
8965, and downloade the template from the Avery site.
I noticed as I was entering text into the field that I could only get a
blank page when I looked at Print Preview. Sure enough, the sheet runs
through the printer but comes out blank. There appears to be what I think is
called a "field" on screen. That it, the text area is surrounded by lines
such as surround pictures that can be resized. I'm not sure how that's
relevant.
I've exhausted the Help files. Any idea on why I can't get the text to
print?

garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print
tab | check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.

JD wrote:

I bought a package for printing CD jewel case inserts. Avery product number
8965, and downloade the template from the Avery site.
I noticed as I was entering text into the field that I could only get a
blank page when I looked at Print Preview. Sure enough, the sheet runs
through the printer but comes out blank. There appears to be what I think is
called a "field" on screen. That it, the text area is surrounded by lines
such as surround pictures that can be resized. I'm not sure how that's
relevant.
I've exhausted the Help files. Any idea on why I can't get the text to
print?

JD

Many thanks to you and to Garfield. You hit it right on the nose. All's well
that ends well.
Jim
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Sounds like you're typing in a text box and "Drawing objects" (which
includes text boxes) is not checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options.

so
all may benefit.