Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chicago Chicago is offline

Default Headers don't show when document opens

When I open a new document with a letterhead, the header doesn't show. It
used to show but suddently stopped. I have tried resaving the template but
that hasn't helped. I am in print view and the 'white space between pages'
is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Does it show in Print Preview? If not, you've somehow deleted the header
from the template. Or another possibility: you've changed the page setup to
set or clear the 'Different first page' layout setting. So the header was
originally on ordinary page header and now doesn't show on the first page
(but does on subsequent pages), or vice versa.

"Chicago" wrote in message
When I open a new document with a letterhead, the header doesn't show. It
used to show but suddently stopped. I have tried resaving the template
but
that hasn't helped. I am in print view and the 'white space between
pages'
is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chicago Chicago is offline

The header shows in print preview and does not show on a second page. It
used to work just fine and suddenly quit.

I certainly welcome any more suggestions.

"Chicago" wrote in message
When I open a new document with a letterhead, the header doesn't show. It
used to show but suddently stopped. I have tried resaving the template
but
that hasn't helped. I am in print view and the 'white space between
pages'
is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If it shows in print preview then it IS present. If it's not showing while
you're editing then a) you're in normal or outline view, not print view, or
b) you're not showing white space (although you're original post said you'd
checked that), or c) your header is so faint that it's invisible when grayed
for normal display.

"Chicago" wrote in message
When I open a new document with a letterhead, the header doesn't show.
It
used to show but suddently stopped. I have tried resaving the template
but
that hasn't helped. I am in print view and the 'white space between
pages'
is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chicago Chicago is offline

Now you can understand how mystified I am - since I am in print view, I have
checked white space showing, and the header is a very legible letterhead.
And it had worked perfectly fine until a couple of weeks agao. Any other
ideas ... besides gremlins?? :-)