Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vivian Vivian is offline

Default document is slow to print

Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't
print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have
this problem when I print other files, only Word documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it
should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture
toolbar you will see a small square with arrows pointing on each corner.
Click this to compress the graphic. If your document is long, you could try
to split it into smaller documents.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Vivian" wrote:

Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't
print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have
this problem when I print other files, only Word documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It depends on the printer type, too. I was printing a document the other day
with a full-page graphic (compressed), and I finally had to give up on my
laser printer and send that page to the inkjet (a laser printer has to
rasterize an entire page before printing; inkjets are line printers). It's
possible the LaserJet might ultimately have printed it, but I didn't have
the patience to wait (especially since I was manually duplexing).

http://word.mvps.org