krneki krneki is offline
Junior Member

Default Table of Contents - page numbers not aligned to the right in longer headings

When I create Table of Content in Word 2013 (it it the same in other versions though), page numbers will be automatically aligned to the right, which is how it is supposed to be. However, that works in all cases except when the heading is long exactly 1 line, so the page number gets dropped into next one. Of course I can manually fix styling by prolonging the problematic heading with tab or invisible spaces, but when someone will refresh Table of Contents, everything will revert. Are there any solutions to this, it looks like a bug to me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click in the affected entry in the TOC. Set a (positive) right indent
for the paragraph. You should also set a tab stop at the right margin
(for the page number).

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[image: http://shrani.si/f/2P/HR/3tCOWsFC/toc-align.jpg]